Best Buffalo Chicken Dip
Featured Pinch Tips Video
- boneless chicken breasts, baked and shredded
- oz. bottle of franks or other hot sauce
- 8 oz. packages of cream cheese, room temp.
- oz. prepared hidden valley salad dressing from the mix, not bottle
- cups shredded cheddar/monterey
- small container crumbled blue cheese
- medium onion, chopped finely
- butter for dotting
1Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Prepare salad dressing according to directions on package. Put in the fridge for a few minutes to set up. Saute onion until almost tender. Set aside.
2Clean chicken breasts and sprinkle them with salt & pepper. Place aluminum foil in bottom of 13x9 baking dish, place chicken breasts in pan, and cover with more foil. Bake for 40 minutes. Remove from oven, let cool, and then shred the chicken with a fork. Mix shredded chicken with hot sauce and line bottom of another 13x9 pan. Spread chicken/hot sauce evenly in the bottom of pan.
3Measure out 16 oz. of the Hidden Vallley dressing and pour into a a large bowl. Mix half of the bleu cheese (if it's an 8 oz. container). Try to mix it up where the cheese crumbles are tiny and the flavor well blended.
4Combine the dressing/bleu cheese mix and cream cheese in a saucepan and heat until smooth enough to pour. Pour over chicken/hot sauce mixture. Sprinkle 2 cups of cheddar/Montery cheese on top, dot with a little butter and bake for about 30-40 minutes. Do not let the cheese on top burn.