Mary Ann Waite
Featured Pinch Tips Video
- egg white
- 3 Tbsp
- 1 c
- 1/2 tsp
- 1/4 tsp
- 4 c
11. Preheat oven to 325 degrees.
2. Prepare a large jelly roll pan by lining it with foil and spraying with no-stick spray.
3. Combine the sugar, salt and cinnamon in a bowl, set aside. Combine the egg white and the liqueur in a large bowl, stir well with a whisk. Add the pecans, and stir well. Add sugar mixture to bowl, and stir well to coat.
4. Spread onto prepared jelly roll pan in a single layer.
5. Bake for 20-25 minutes or until pecans are lightly toasted and browned, stirring every 10 minutes. It will look like the coating is coming off (it's not). Stir from the outside in to keep pecans on the edges from burning, and watch closely since sugar burns easily.
6. Remove from oven, transfer immediately to wax paper to cool. Pecans keep for two weeks in an airtight container.
7. Makes 4 cups.