Lunch Box Inspirations By Freda
We all get Tired of PB & J sandwiches, Kids do also.
You might also note that putting over 30 Grams of Sugar in a kids Lunch Box is Grounds for a Super Hyped up Kid, That may just Loose all interest in school.
Consider Protein, Vegies, Fruit and Carbs.
My Grandaughter Has a list of "FOOD Likes" then Catagorized them, and taped to Her Pantry door, Making her Choices easier. She said Her Kids teachers Noticed a great Difference in their Concentration, after Lunch, with her New Idea. So Passing along a few of her Ideas.
Featured Pinch Tips Video
- roast beef and cheese tortilla roll up. note if you can put it inbetween 2 slices of bread you can roll it up. kids love this idea. wrap in plastic wrap.
- ham and cheese tortilla roll ups
- chicken salad or tuna salad roll ups
- taco meat, beans and cheese roll ups
- sometimes in a sandwich, sometimes alone. mild cheddar or string cheese, even a slice of deli cheese are excellent choices
- cheddar cheese and crackers with peperoni slice
- peanut butter between graham crackers
- peanut butter on celery
- fruits, make a list of all fruits your kids like.
- ever think to add a pickle, sweet or dill.
- piece of meat, any kind of a dog, polish sausage, german sausage, hot dog, corn dog, kids love these finger foods with out all the bread.
- 2 C
- honey or corn syrup can be used ( honey is best)
- 3 C
- peanut butter creamy, (but can use crunchy)
- 5 C
- dry pdr milk
- 6 C
- quick oats
- mix all peanut butter balls ingredients together with a mixer. form into balls with small scoop. or with your hands. freeze on waxed paper lined cookie sheets until hardened. store in ziplock freezer bags. (makes 100 balls) perfect lunch or anytime
HINTS AND SUGGESTIONS FOR KIDS LUNCHES
PEANUT BUTTER BALLS (A POWERHOUSE OF NUTRITION)
Catagorize your List, Protein list, Vegies list, Fruits list, Carbs listed
Melon, Cantalope, Mandarin oranges, ( keep small cans in the Pantry, Drain them and Put in small containers for Kids)
Canned Fruit Salad, Applesauce, Strawberries, Blueberries and Raspberries together in Container, Grapes, Bananas, even fruit filled jello
Pudding, Yogurt, Chips, Crackers, Popcorn ( a favorite) mini carrots, Cucumbers, cherry tomatoes, slices, Boiled eggs
Think it out and writ it down, It really helps open a whole New world of Lunches.
As a treat. . . add a little magic Straw, Called Pixies, We call them MOM's Magic Pixie Dust. But just (1)