Hot buttered Yum Chex Mix
This is a different take on the traditional Chex mix.Source: Unknown
Featured Pinch Tips Video
- 2 cups cinnamon chex cereal
- 4 cups honey nut chex cereal
- 1/4 cup butter or margarine
- 1/4 cup packed brown sugar
- 2 tablespoons honey
- 3/4 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1/2 teaspoon ground nutmeg
- 1/4 teaspoon ground cloves
- 1 teaspoon rum flavoring
- 2 cups miniature marshmallows
1put cereals in a large microwavable bowl. In a 2 cup microwavable measuring cup, microwave butter, Brown sugar and honey uncovered on high for two minutes, stirring after one minute, until mixture is bubbly. Stir in spices and rum flavoring.
2Pour over cereal mixture, stirring until coated.
Microwave uncovered on high three minutes. Stir and scrape bowl after every minute.
Cool slightly, about five minutes. Stir in marshmallows. Spread on waxed paper. Store in an airtight container. Makes 16 servings