Zucchini with Stewed Tomatoes
Featured Pinch Tips Video
- 2 Tbsp
- grapeseed oil (if you use evoo do not get too hot...it is not a high heat oil and may be toxic at high temp... examiner.com/...gh-heat-can-be-toxic )
- 5 clove
- 1/4 c
- yellow onions
- 1 large
- zucchini (dark green in color) or 2 small zucchini
- 1 small
- mexican zucchini (light green in color w/stripes)
- 1/2 c
- cremini mushrooms (sliced)
- 1 can(s)
- plain stewed tomatoes
- 1/2 tsp
- salt and pepper zucchini while cooking
- 2 oz
- mozzarella cheese or jack cheese
1cut zucchini into 1/4" round slices
cut mushrooms into 1/4" slices
cut onion into small pieces
smash and peel garlic cloves (leave whole smashed pieces)
2In large (10") skillet, heat grapeseed oil and add garlic and onions; cook slightly.
Add zucchini and mushrooms; cover and cook for 10 min.
Add salt and pepper to taste (roughly 1/4 tsp each)
Add 12 oz can of stewed tomatoes cover and simmer for 20 minutes.
3After zucchini is cooked; add grated mozzerella cheese and cover to melt. (Don't melt too long or cheese will dissolve)
Serve as a side or over rice.