Zesty Spaghetti Squash
Featured Pinch Tips Video
- spaghetti squash
- 1-2 tsp
- morton season all seasoned salt pepper version (or just salt and cracked black pepper)
- 5 slice
- 2% pepperjack cheese (low fat is better!)
11. Wash spaghetti squash and pat dry. With a knife, cut several small slits in the squash to allow steam to escape. Place in a microwavable dish and microwave for 10 minutes for a small squash, 15 minutes for a medium sized or 20 minutes for a large one. Times are approximate. If you cut it open and it's not cooked enough just put it back into the microwave.
22. When squash is cooked cut it open and discard seeds. Take a fork and scrape the "meat" out of the squash. It will string up like spaghetti. If it doesn't detach easily from shell microwave a little more.
33. You can do steps 1 and 2 ahead of time and store the cooked squash in the refrigerator until dinnertime!
44. When time to serve sprinkle with spices (however much you like) and cover with cheese. Microwave until hot and cheese melted. Stir and serve.