Tomato Basil Pie
Featured Pinch Tips Video
- unbaked pie crust, deep-dish
- large tomatoes, sliced
- large onion, chopped
- green pepper, diced
- 2 Tbsp
- 8 slice
- crisp-fried bacon, crumbled
- 1 c
- grated sharp cheddar cheese
- 1/2 c
- 1/2 c
- basil, fresh, cut in to a chiffonade
- salt and pepper, and garlic powder to taste for the tomatoes
1Slice tomatoes and place in unbaked pie crust. Season with salt, pepper, and garlic powder to taste. Sprinkle with basil.
2Saute onions and peppers in butter and place on top of sliced tomatoes.
3Add bacon pieces.
4Mix cheese and mayonnaise and spread over the top.
5Bake at 350 for 30 minutes until crust is well browned.
6TIP: If your tomatoes are very juicy you may want to place on paper towels to soak up some juice.