Sweet & Spicy Cucumber Salad
Featured Pinch Tips Video
- 2 large
- cucumbers (peeled, or unpeeled but washed), or 1 english cucumber
- 1 - 2 clove
- garlic (optional, depending on your garlic preference)
- 1 small
- handful fresh mint leaves (chopped) or 2 teaspoons dried mint leaves
- 1/2 tsp
- red pepper flakes (add more if you prefer spicier)
- 1/2 c
- seasoned rice wine vinegar
1In large bowl, combine cucumbers, garlic, mint leaves, and red pepper flakes. Toss in bowl to distribute evenly.
2Add rice wine vinegar. Toss again.
3Cover bowl and place in refrigerator for at least 1 hour. (I place mine in a large plastic storage bag until serving time.)
4NOTE: Sometimes I stripe-peel my cucumbers, using a potato peeler. This means that I leave strips of skin for more texture.