Super-foods Salad and Vinaigrette
Featured Pinch Tips Video
- 4 c
- baby romaine leaves-or other dark green, leafy lettuce variety
- 4 c
- baby spinach:greens add fiber, magnesium, calcium, vitamin c, folic acid and beta carotene to your diet
- stalks celery, sliced:has powerful anti-inflammatory properties and contain flavenoids(a powerful anti-oxidant)
- 1/2 c
- walnuts:rich in omega 3 fatty acids and anti-oxidants
- 1 c
- super fruit optional add-ins- raisins(high in anti-oxidants, good source of natural energy), strawberries or blueberries(source of antioxidants and phytochemicals)
- 1/4 c
- walnut oil:omega 3, b vitamins, vitamin e and niacin or grapeseed oil:high in antioxidants, good for your skin or olive oil: healthy, monounsaturated fat. good for heart health, digestive health, blood sugar
- 1/4 c
- 100%juice cranberry/pomegranate blend:antioxidants, anti-inflammatory
- 2 Tbsp
- minced fresh parsley:powerful antioxidants(vit. c and a), anti-inflammatory. vit. k for bone health
- orange, juiced
- 1 Tbsp
- vinegar-optional(if you like a sweeter dressing, omit, if you like it tangier, add the vinegar)
- a few grinds of black pepper and a dash of salt
1Combine the greens and add remaining salad ingredients; toss.
2Combine vinaigrette ingredients in a jar or bottle with tight-fitting lid and shake well.
3Serve vinaigrette over salad.