Summer Salad and Summer salad II the sequel
Featured Pinch Tips Video
- 4 large
- very ripe tomatoes, quartered and halved
- 1 large
- red onion sliced with rings separated into circles
- 2 large
- green peppers cleaned of it top and seeded, and sliced in rings
- 1 large
- yellow or orange pepper cleaned, seeded, sliced in rings
- 1 pkg
- good season's salad dressing mixed per package
- for the packaged dressing i use red wine vinegar and oil for the dressing above. i have used bottled dressing, it just is not the same.
- 1 lb
- pasta of choice (rotini works well) save for next day.
1Throw the veggies in a pretty bowl which complements the colors of the salad and toss with dressing. Serve very cold as a side with some grilled chicked or salmon.
2This keeps well because there is no lettuce so make more than you need(two day).
3You can cook up some pasta shapes (rotini, bowties) the next day. Cool the pasta in ice water and drain.
4Toss with the veggies as is, or you can cut the pieces smaller, maybe add some leftover cold meat or add some cheese cubes.
5Add a little more dressing and you have...pasta salad!