Succotash with Dry Vermouth
Featured Pinch Tips Video
- fresh tomatoes on the vine or 2-3 romas
- 1/2 pkg
- frozen lima beans
- 1/2 pkg
- corn or cut corn from 2-3 ears
- 1 medium
- 1-2 clove
- elephant garlic
- organic, vegetable bullion cube
- consomate (brand) tomato and chicken bullion cube
- knorr ajo (garlic) mini-cubes
- olive oil, extra virgin for sauteing vegetables
- 1 c
- dry vermouth (to taste - can add more)
- coarse kosher salt
- any other vegetables you think might taste good in it - optional. (be discriminative)
1Chop up tomato - set aside. Slice or chop garlic and onion, pour olive oil into medium to large skillet, add garlic and onion and saute. After a few minutes add tomato. As tomato cooks down add lima beans and corn. Sprinkle course salt over vegetables. Cover and let simmer. (I had unused asparagus stalks left from another recipe. I chopped those up and added them to the mix)
2As vegetables become tender add, vermouth and bullion. Cover again and bring to a gentile bubble. Simmer. (The longer it simmers the more tender the lima beans become) Uncover once or twice to stir the seasonings around.
3Once you are satisfied the limas are cooked enough, turn off heat and leave covered on burner until you're ready to serve.
4Any leftover succotash can be used in soup...
Ingredients can be adjusted for larger crowds.