STUFFED SPAGHETTI SQUASH
Peggi Anne Tebben
Hope you enjoy.
Featured Pinch Tips Video
- 1 (2 1/2 - 3 pound) spaghetti squash or 2 smaller squash
- no stick corn oil cooking spray
- 1 cup chopped onion
- 1 medium sized green pepper, chopped
- 2 large cloves garlic, minced
- 1 can (16 ozs.) red kidney beans, drained
- 1 1/2 cups (6 ozs.) shredded cheese, divided
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
1Cut spaghetti squash in half lengthwise with Petite Chef knife and scrape out seeds. Place on rack over simmering water,- cover and steam 20 minutes, until tender.
2Cool. When cool enough to handle, scrape strands into bowl, leaving 1/4" thick walls. Place squash
shells in shallow baking pan. Preheat oven to 350°.
3Spray large skillet generously with cooking spray and heat over medium-high heat. Add onion, pepper and garlic and saute 4 minutes,- remove from heat.
4Add squash strands, beans, 1 cup cheese, salt and
pepper,-stir to blend well. Spoon into shells. Sprinkle with remaining 1/2 cup cheese. Bake 12 to 13 minutes until lightly browned.