Stewed Tomatoes and Rice By Freda
FREDA GABLE @cookin4me
Its been in My Family for as Long as I can remember, over 85 yrs for Sure. My granny used to make a meal on this
- 1 lg
- onion diced and chopped
- chopped green bell pepper
- 1/2 C
- chopped & diced celery
- 5 Tbs
- cooking oil ( approx)
- 1 C
- long grain, uncooked rice
- 2 C
- water or chicken broth
- 1 tsp
- garlic pdr or fresh garlic if desired
- 2 cans
- (16oz) stewed tomatoes chopped
- option: season with salt & pepper if desired
STEWED TOMATOES & RICE SIDE DISH BY FREDA
Add: Onions, Bell Pepper, Celery, Garlic Saute only until slightly tender, But not cooked all the way.
Bring to Boil; Reduce Heat to Simmer, Cover
Cook for 25-30 Min. (DO NOT STIR) or cook till rice is Tender and Fluffy. Then, Fluff with Fork.
Enjoy this as a side Dish and addition to any meal.