This is one of the ways I love to eat spinach. It's been a family favorite right along with Grandmother's creamed spinach.
- 1 pkg
- large, fresh organic spinach
- clove garlic, crushed
- 2 Tbsp
- chopped onion
- 8 oz
- noodles, cooked
- 1/2 c
- cream or half/half or greek yogurt or non fat milk for those of you who are watching your colestrol
- 1 c
- parmesan cheese
- 1/2 c
- organic raw butter or european butter
- white pepper to taste
- a pinch of nutmeg (and i do mean a pinch)
- a pinch of sugar (and i do mean a pinch)
In half the butter cook the onion and garlic until onion is golden brown. Add the spinach, cover and cook until just wilted.
In a pan set on low heat add the cream and cheese to melt the cheese. Add the spinach. Then add to the noodles and toss to coat. Pepper to taste.