This is one of the ways I love to eat spinach. It's been a family favorite right along with Grandmother's creamed spinach.
Featured Pinch Tips Video
- 1 pkg
- large, fresh organic spinach
- clove garlic, crushed
- 2 Tbsp
- chopped onion
- 8 oz
- noodles, cooked
- 1/2 c
- cream or half/half or greek yogurt or non fat milk for those of you who are watching your colestrol
- 1 c
- parmesan cheese
- 1/2 c
- organic raw butter or european butter
- white pepper to taste
- a pinch of nutmeg (and i do mean a pinch)
- a pinch of sugar (and i do mean a pinch)
1While you are cleaning your spinach cook your noodles.
2Wash the spinach and remove the stems. Dry the spinach with paper towels.
In half the butter cook the onion and garlic until onion is golden brown. Add the spinach, cover and cook until just wilted.
3Drain the noodles and return to pan. Add to the hot noodles the rest of the butter to melt.
In a pan set on low heat add the cream and cheese to melt the cheese. Add the spinach. Then add to the noodles and toss to coat. Pepper to taste.