Peas in Tarragon Cream
Featured Pinch Tips Video
- 12 ounces peas (frozen or fresh)
- 4 tablespoons butter
- 4 scallions, chopped, finely
- 3 celery ribs, chopped, finely
- 1⁄2 cup cream, heavy
- 2 tablespoons french tarragon, fresh, chopped, finely
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt, sea, fine
- 1⁄2 teaspoon black pepper, freshly ground
1Cook the peas, do not over cook.
2Remove from heat, drain and reserve until needed.
3Melt the butter and saute the scallions and celery until tender.
4Add the cooked peas to the scallions and celery, mix and stir in the cream and tarragon.
5Cook for 5 minutes, uncovered on low heat, until heated thru.
6Season with salt and pepper and serve.