Featured Pinch Tips Video
- fresh tomatoes, chopped into 1 inch pieces
- seedless cucumber, chopped into 1/2 inch pieces
- red or yellow onion, coarsely chopped
- 4 clove
- garlic, finely chopped
- red bell pepper, chopped into 1/2 inch pieces
- crusty, day old french baguette, sliced into 1 inch pieces
- 6-7 large
- fresh basil leaves, chopped
- 1/2 c
- black olives, chopped, if desired
- ball fresh buffalo mozzarella, chopped, or fresh mozzarella boccini balls
- 1/3 c
- balsamic vinegar
- 1/2 c
- extra virgin olive oil
- salt and pepper to taste
1place all chopped ingredients except bread chunks into a large salad bowl and turn to mix well.
2Add balsamic vinegar, oil, salt and pepper and turn to coat well. In a pinch, I have also used bottled balsamic dressing, as long as it is fresh and not too sweet tasting - the acidity works well with the fresh flavors!
3Add the chunks of bread last, since they so readily soak up the liquids. You want the bread to still have some "tooth" to it. Let sit for a half-hour or so, it takes a bit for all the flavors to meld together. Mix lightly again before serving. Serve with a nice chilled beverage, and fish or chicken for a complete summer meal!