Featured Pinch Tips Video
- 1 tbsp. extra virgin olive oil or butter
- 1 medium onion, chopped
- 2 plump garlic cloves, minced
- 3 sweet bell peppers or a combination of red, yellow and orange peppers, coarsely chopped
- 4 large hothouse tomatoes, coarsely chopped
- 1 tsp. fresh thyme leaves or 1/2 tsp. dried thyme
- hot sauce
- salt and freshly ground pepper
1Heat oil or butter in large skillet or heavy casserole over medium heat. Add onion and cook til tender. Add garlic and peppers and cook for 10 minutes stirring often.
2Add tomatoes and thyme. Season to taste with hot sauce, salt and pepper. Simmer for about 10 minutes. Cover, reduce heat and simmer for another 15 minutes.