Low Fat Yellow Squash Casserole
Very good for those of you who are trying to cut your fat intake.
Featured Pinch Tips Video
- 1/2 cup plain low-fat yogurt
- 1/2 cup low-fat cottage cheese
- 1/4 cup grated parmesan cheese
- 1/4 teaspoon dried whole thyme
- 2 eggs, beaten
- vegetable cooking spray
- 1 cup sliced onion
- 3 cups sliced yellow squash
- 1/4 cup soft whole wheat bread crumbs, divided or wheat cracker crumbs
Coat a skillet with cooking spray; place over medium heat until hot. Add onion; saute until tender,
drain and set aside. Place 1 cup squash in a 2-quart casserole coated with spray. Top with 1/3 of
onion and 1/3 yogurt mixture. Repeat procedure with remaining squash, onion and yogurt mixture.
Sprinkle with bread crumbs, cover and bake at 350 degrees F for 25 minutes. Uncover and bake
until top is browned.