Grilled Vegetables with Goat Cheese and Balsamic Glaze
Featured Pinch Tips Video
- 1/2 c
- olive oil (may need less)
- large onions (mix it up, red, yellow, green)
- zucchini - sliced about 1/2 inch thick circles
- red peppers (any pepper you like - mix it up); stemmed, seeded and quartered
- eggplant - sliced about 1/4 inch thick circles
- 3 or 4
- carrots slices anyway you like
- any other vegetable of your choice (mushrooms, tomatoes, etc.)
- 1/2 c
- balsamic vinegar
- 8 oz
- goat cheese (or soft cheese of your choice); bleu cheese works great too
- kosher salt and pepper to taste
- 1 handful of pine nuts or nuts of your choice (optional)
1Wash and cut all vegetables and cut.
Place in a large bowl, plastic ziploc bag or vessel of choice.
2Add 1/2 the olive oil, salt and pepper and mix well. (I have also marinated the veggies with Italian dressing and other combinations). Place in the refrigerator for at least 1 hour.
3If grilling outside, preheat your grill to medium-low and brush grate with olive oil. Indoor grill, the same. Place vegetables on grill for 2-4 minutes each side, turn.
If roasting in the oven, preheat oven to 350 degrees (I have a hot oven so I usually have it at 325). Lightly coat pan with olive oil and cook until each side has a nice golden brown color; turn.
4While veggies are grilling/roasting, heat balsamic vinegar in saucepan and reduce by at least half.
5Arrange cooked veggies on platter, top with goat cheese and drizzle balsamic vinegar over the top and nuts (optional).
6Serve with crunchy bread, warm, soft pita/flat bread.