Grilled & Stuffed Squash
Holly Grier @Cowgirl67
This is a lovely meatless option for the grill. Light and fresh, it still serves up a super-satisfying flavor. Next time I'm thinking about adding chopped jalapenos too... yum!
- yellow crooked neck squash
- 1/2 stick
- 1 c
- cubed velveeta cheese (or shredded cheddar cheese)
- medium sized onion, diced
- large tomato, diced
- 2 clove
- garlic, finely chopped
- 1 c
- diced vegetable of your choice (i use zucchini or squash)
- cilantro and other fresh herbs (i.e. basil, oregano, thyme)
- you can cook this dish in the oven at 425 for 35-45 mins, or try it in the microwave (cook on high for 6 mins, let it sit for a couple of minutes, then microwave again for 6 minutes (for a dish of 4 halves).