GREEN GROTTO SALAD.. (ANN PAGE) 1949
Nancy J. Patrykus
The Secret of a deligfhtful salad is in the dressing....
I found this recipe in the Reminisce Magazine, yesterday while waiting to have my car breaks checked.
I remember the recipe from long ago, and my mother-in-law always added drained crushed pineapple to this recipe...This is a 1949 recipe from A&P Stores...in 1949 it was for them the 90th year of service. 1859-1949!!
In 1949 it would have cost you less than 20 cents a serving!
WOW! That would be 53 years ago...MERCY!
Featured Pinch Tips Video
- 1 pkg
- green jello....lime flavor...(ann page)
- 1-3/4 c
- boiling water
- 3 Tbsp
- vinegar....(ann page)
- 1 c
- chopped celery
- 1/4 c
- chopped ..green stuffed olives (ann page)
- 1 c
- chopped cucumbers
- 1 can(s)
- (7 oz.) tuna fish flaked......drained
- 3/4 c
- mayonnaise or salad dressing....(ann page)
- lettuce and a dash of salt