Green Beans with Orange & Pistachios
Featured Pinch Tips Video
- 1 Tbsp
- olive oil
- 1/4 c
- white onion, diced
- 2 clove
- garlic, peeled and minced
- 1 lb
- green beans, trimmed and sliced on the diagonal into 1" pieces (frozen green beans ok!)
- kosher salt or similar coarse salt, to taste
- cracked black pepper, to taste
- fresh squeezed orange juice (save some of the zest for garnish, if desired also when available try other orange varieties: cara cara, blood orange, etc.)
- 1 Tbsp
- apple cider vinegar
- 3 Tbsp
- pistachios, toasted + more for garnish
1Heat the olive oil in a large skillet over medium heat. Add the diced white onion and cook for 2-3 minutes until soft and translucent.
2Add the garlic and cook until fragrant, approximately 1 minute. Toss in the green beans and season with salt and black pepper, to taste. Cook mixture until the green beans begin to soften, about 5-6 minutes.
3Pour in the freshly squeezed orange juice and apple cider vinegar. Cook, stirring occasionally for another 6-8 minutes or until the green beans are thoroughly cooked and the sauce is slightly thickened.
4Transfer the green beans to a serving platter, garnish with the toasted pistachios (and orange zest if using); serve hot.