Fried Potatoes in Cast Iron Skillet
1. Brush bottom and sides of a baking dish or cast iron skillet with olive oil.
2. Using a mandoline or a sharp knife, slice potatoes crosswise into desired thickness. Arrange potato slices vertically and loosely in prepared dish or skillet.
3. Sprinkle garlic and Italian seasoning on top of potatoes. Season with salt and pepper to taste. Dot potatoes with butter.
4. Cover skillet or dish with foil and bake in a 375 F oven for about 1 hour or until potatoes are tender.
5. Remove foil, sprinkle with Parmesan cheese and bake for another 15 to 20 minutes or until crisp.