Cucumber Alphabet Salad
Featured Pinch Tips Video
- 16 oz
- box alphabet pasta
- cucumbers, sliced very thin, peel one and leave one green
- 1 c
- carrots, grated
- 1 or 2
- celery stalks, sliced thin
- 1/2 to 1 bunch
- scallions (green onions) sliced thin
- 1 1/2 c
- sugar (i always use less)
- 1 1/2 c
- mayonnaise (not miracle whip)
- 1/4 tsp
- 1 tsp
- 1/2 c
- cider vinegar (can use 1/4 c. white and 1/4 c. apple cider vinegar)
- 1/2 tsp
- nutmeg (i always use more because i love nutmeg, and have also added ginger in with it)
1Boil pasta according to package. Rinse with cold water. Peel one cucumber and leave the peel on the other. Slice cucumbers lengthwise into quarters, then slice/dice as thin as possible. Grate carrots. Dice celery stalks and green onions. Place all these veggies in a large bowl and add cold pasta.
2In separate bowl combine sugar, mayonnaise, pepper, salt, vinegar, and nutmeg (I usually use a whisk, easier to mix and get clumps out) Pour this mixture over the pasta and veggies and mix together well.
3This is best made the day or night before serving as it lets all the flavors combine and the sugar dissolve.
I get this salad requested every time we have a function to attend. I got this from a close family friend who has now passed and I now do what she did, when going to a party where I serve this I started carrying recipe cards to hand out as there is usually at least 3 or more people who want the recipe. Hope you enjoy it's definitely a keeper.