California Casserole with Potatoes, Tomatoes, Chiles and Cheese
- 6 medium potatoes, peeled and cut into 1/4 inch slices. place sliced potatoes in a bowl of water to prevent potatoes from darkening.
- 1 can chicken broth, 10.5 oz
- 3 eggs
- cup half and half or cream
- 2 tomatoes, peeled, seeded and diced
- 1 cup grated swiss cheese
- 1 can diced green chiles, 4 oz, or more to taste
- cup grated parmesan cheese
- salt and pepper to taste
simmer potatoes until tender. Allow to cool for 20 minutes. Beat together eggs
and cream until blended. In large bowl, mix all ingredient until nicely mixed.
Place mixture into greased 9 x 13 inch porcelain baker and sprinkle top with
additional 1 T. grated Parmesan. optional, but nice. Bake at 350 for about 45 to
50 minutes or until custard is set and top is browned. Serves 8
Source: Renny Darling