Bread & butter fresh green beans
Irisa Raina 9
The cooking time for the beans depends on how big or small they are, you’ll want them to be crisp tender.
When cutting any type of hot pepper if possible wear gloves, if not wash your hand first with hot soap and water then rub ½ a lemon over them and rinse. You won’t get all the capsaicin off your hands but you will get most of it off.
I served the beans with fried chicken and cheddar mashed potatoes.
- 1 lb. fresh green beans “rinsed “
- ¼ medium red onion “diced fine “ add more if you want
- 1 jalapeno pepper, seed and remove the pith out of ½, leave the seeds in the other ½ and chop fine “optional”
- 2 cloves roasted garlic
- ½ lemon cut into 2 wedges
- brine from 1 jar “zesty bread and butter pickles”
- 2 tablespoons unsalted butter
- i always freeze the brine from pickles; you can add it to so many dishes!
- you can cook the beans is oil if you want but i would not suggest “ olive oil “ but a canola or vegetable oil.