Black-Eyed Peas with Spinach1
By Just A Pinch KitchenCrew
Featured Pinch Tips Video
- 1 medium
- onion, chopped
- vegetable broth for sauteeing
- 10 oz
- fresh spinach, rinsed, stemmed, coarsely chopped
- 3 c
- black-eyed peas (2 16 ounce cans)
- ground black pepper to taste
- cayenne or crushed red pepper flakes, optional
1In a large skillet, saute the onions in the broth for a few minutes, until soft.
2Add the spinach to the skillet.
3Stir for a minute or two until it wilts.
4Add the black-eyed peas, black pepper, and cayenne if desired.
5Bring to a simmer on medium heat.
6Serve right away, or cover and keep warm on low heat.