Bacon Wrapped Asparagus Bundles
- 3 lb
- asparagus, fresh trimmed 4 to 5 inches long tips
- extra-virgin olive oil, for drizzling
- a few grinds black pepper & salt to tast
- garlic and herb seasoning to tast (optional)
- 1 lb
- 8 slices center cut bacon or pancetta
- chopped chives or scallions, (optional garnish)
Lightly coat asparagus spears in extra-virgin olive oil. Season the asparagus with black pepper salt and garlic. Take a quick count of the spear tips. Divide the total number by four. Gather that number of spears and use a slice of bacon to wrap the bundle and secure the spears together. Repeat with remaining ingredients.
For oven preparation, place bundles on slotted broiler pan. Bake 12 - 15 minutes.