A pirates bounty $$$$$ carrot coins $$$$$
Irisa Raina 9
This is a great side dish and is delicious either hot or room temperature.
And you can add what ever fresh vegetables you would like to this dish.
Also I am sorry I don’t have pictures of the finished product…my batteries went dead…and would not hold a charge, so I guess y'all know what I'll be buying today!
Featured Pinch Tips Video
- 1 pound fresh carrots, washed, peeled & sliced
- 1 medium crooked neck squash, sliced
- 1 – 12 ounce can tomato soup campbell’s works well for this
- 1 - 10 ounce can rotel tomatoes hot
- ½ medium red onion, sliced
- ½ medium white onion, sliced
- 1 - 13.66 can coconut milk “ be sure to shake the can before you open it”
- 1 tablespoon salt
- 1 tablespoon pepper
- 2 tablespoons firmly packed dark brown sugar
- 1 tablespoon cider vinegar
- ½ teaspoon each turmeric, cumin & allspice
- 2 tablespoons unsalted butter
- 1 & ½ cups sweet coconut “ toasted “ optional
8After that time drain the carrots, squash and onions very well. Some of the coconut milk will remain on the vegetables.
9Then add the carrots, squash and onions to the tomato mixture and cook for about 10 minutes on low. You’ll want to stir this often. Cook this longer if you like your carrots softer.
11HOW TO TOAST COCONUT:
12There are two ways you can do this:
131.Place the coconut on a pie pan and toast in the oven on 375 till it is all golden. I can’t tell you how long this will take, because it depends on your oven.
142.On a dry non stick sautéing pan, put the coconut in it and toast on a very low heat. This is the method I used. If you use this method, please do not walk away from the pan....and stir this often.