Spaghetti Squash with Mushroom Caper Sauce
Featured Pinch Tips Video
- small-medium spaghetti squash
- large white onion roughly chopped
- medium package of crimini mushrooms, sliced
- large cloves of garlic, minced
- small jar capers in brine
- small jar artichoke hearts
- large jar of alfredo sauce
- 4 oz
- chèvre (goat cheese)
- 1 Tbsp
- worcestershire sauce
- 1 Tbsp
- fish sauce
- 1 tsp
- dried chipolte peppers or chili peppers
- 1/4 tsp
- freshly grated nutmeg
- almond, coconut or dairy milk to dilute sauce
- coconut or olive oil
1Prepare spaghetti squash, cut in half lengthwise, scoop out seeds, rub inside and out with oil. Place cut side down on baking tray lined with parchment paper. Bake at 350 degrees 40 minutes or until squash is tender to the touch. Cool. Remove squash from shell with a fork, set aside and discard shell.
2In a skillet, heat oil and sauté onions and mushrooms until soft, Add garlic and all other ingredients except chèvre. simmer on low to combine flavors. Include brine from capers and artichokes. Dilute with milk to desired consistency.
3Heat squash and place on serving dish. Dot squash with chèvre. Pour hot sauce all over and serve immediately. May top with parmesan cheese and parsley.