Roasted Brussels Sprouts w/Bacon & Shallot
Featured Pinch Tips Video
- 2 lb
- small to medium-sized brussels sprouts, trimmed and cut in half
- 2 large
- shallots, peeled and thinly sliced
- 1/4 c
- blood orange olive oil or 2 tablespoon fresh blood orange juice and 2 tablespoons extra virgin oil
- 1 Tbsp
- ground cumin
- 3 slice
- turkey bacon or bacon substitute
- 1 Tbsp
- blood orange zest, finely grated
1Preheat oven to 400 degrees.
2Cook the bacon until crispy then set aside to drain on a paper towel. Once cooled, break up the bacon in to small pieces.
3In a large prep bowl, combine the Brussels sprouts, shallots, blood orange olive oil (or blood orange juice and olive oil) and cumin. Toss mixture together well to coat.
4Arrange the vegetable on a parchment-lined baking sheet in a single layer with the Brussels sprouts facing cut side down.
5Roast for about 20-25 minutes or until sprouts are tender and easily pierce with a knife but NOT mushy.
6Season with salt and cracked black pepper, to taste. Garnish the vegetables with the bacon bits and the blood orange zest.