Ratatouille - The French Way
Featured Pinch Tips Video
- 1/4 c
- olive oil
- 3 medium
- onions sliced (3 cups sliced)
- 2 clove
- minced garlic
- eggplant (about 1 pound) peeled and cubed
- large red bell pepper, seeded and cut in strips
- large green bell pepper, seeded, cut into strips
- 1 1/2 lb
- fresh tomatoes, seeded and coarsely chopped or 1-28 oz. can of diced tomatoes (do not drain)
- 3/4 lb
- zucchini sliced
- 2 Tbsp
- fresh mixed herbs such as parsley, thyme, and basil
- salt and pepper to taste
1Heat oil in a Dutch oven or large saucepot over medium heat.
2Add onions and garlic and saute until onion is transparent.
3Add eggplant and saute for 5 minutes.
4Add red and green peppers and saute for 5 minutes.
5Add tomatoes, zucchini, herbs and salt and pepper and mix well.
6Bring to a boil, lower heat, cover and simmer for 30 minutes or until vegetables are tender.
7May be served as a side dish or over pasta or rice. Tastes good hot or cold. Even better the second day after flavours have had time to blend. May be frozen.