The hint of lemon really brings out the sweetness of the peas.
The addition of cheese smoothes out the tartness and who doesn't love fresh tomatoes in the summertime !
Featured Pinch Tips Video
- 3/4 c
- mayo (if you want to cut calories use lite mayo )
- 1/4 c
- ranch dressing of choice
- 1/2 c
- mild chow chow (i use dixieland brand ) or hines indian relish
- 1/3 c
- red onion,finely chopped (or to taste)
- 4 stalk(s)
- celery, finely chopped
- 5 oz
- cheese, diced into small pieces (i use a mixture of mozzerela and chedar)
- 1 small
- lemon, juiced
- 1/2 tsp
- lemon zest (from the above lemmon)
- 16oz bag(s)
- frozen petiete peas, thawed and drained
- hard boiled eggs, chopped
- salt and course ground black pepper to taste
- 3 small
- tomatoes , seeded and chopped
MIX ALL THE ABOVE INGREDENTS WELL ,,,THEN FOLD IN:
CHILL WELL.... BEFORE SERVING FOLD IN:
1I have used all kinds of cheeses in this... my personal favorite is Swiss and mozzarella.. but I find the combo above is better for a crowd.
2I have also added cubed ham in this recipe, served it over shredded lettuces to make a full meal!