Mushroom and Leek Strudel
Featured Pinch Tips Video
- leeks, white and light green parts quartered and sliced thin
- good size cloves of garlic, minced
- 10 oz
- mushrooms, sliced (i used regular button, but any kind is good)
- scallions. trimmed and sliced thin
- large shallot, sliced thin
- 4 Tbsp
- olive oil
- kosher salt and freshly ground black pepper to taste
- 1 box
- pepperidge farm frozen puff pastry
- 1 tsp
- dried tarragon, or 1 tbsp chopped fresh
1Defrost puff pastry at room temperature 20-25 minutes. Do not defrost longer because pastry will stick to itself.
2Line baking sheet with parchment paper. Brush with olive oil. Open pastry sheets and brush with olive oil.
3Heat 3 Tbsp olive oil in saute pan over medium high heat until shimmering. Reduce heat to medium
4Saute vegetables together until soft.
5Add salt and pepper to taste, and tarragon.
6Add a pile of vegetable filling to middle section of each sheet of puff pastry. Fold over edges and pinch ends closed. Brush with olive oil.
7Bake 350 for 40 minutes, until deep brown and flaky.
Let sit at room temperature 10 minutes before cutting with a serrated knife to serve.