Crimson Slaw (Quick, easy and impressive!)
Although it's perfect for summer grilling, the addition of cranberries makes it a colorful addition to your Thanksgiving or Christmas buffet.
I originally found this recipe in Midwest Living magazine.
Featured Pinch Tips Video
- cup olive oil
- tablespoons sugar
- tablespoons red wine vinegar
- tablespoons red wine, optional
- tsp. salt
- tsp.freshly ground black pepper
- tsp. dry mustard
- cups shredded red cabbage
- 6 oz. pkg. dried cranberries
- medium red onion, thinly sliced
1For Vinaigrette: In screw top jar, combine oil, sugar, vinegar, wine (if using), salt, pepper and mustard. Cover and shake well.
2In large bowl, toss together cabbage, cranberries and onion. Pour vinaigrette over cabbage mixture; toss gently to coat.
3Cover and chill for 2-24 hours. Makes 6 servings.