Cauliflower Broccoli Salad
The weather was so beautiful here today in the south that DH and I ate out on the patio and had this wonderful salad as a main course for dinner.
I cooked the bacon in the oven and made my own bacon bits.
Guess what----it's all gone!! :)
I'll let you in on a secret....
make the dressing the day before and let it sit overnight in the refrigerator. The ingredients have time to mingle.
- 1 head cauliflower, cut into bite-sized pieces
- 2 heads broccoli, cut into bite-sized pieces
- 1/2 pound bacon, cooked and crumbled
- 8 oz. block pepper jack cheese, cut into matchsticks
- 1 cup sour cream
- 1 cup mayonnaise
- 1/2 cup granulated sugar
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- a pinch of cayenne pepper or freshly ground pepper