Moist Bread Dressing
Featured Pinch Tips Video
- 2 sticks of butter, unsalted
- 2 cups celery, diced
- 2 cups yellow onion, chopped
- 2 cups turkey broth, adding more or less, if needed
- 32 cups white staled bread cubes (2 ½ large loaves of bread)
- 2-1/2 teaspoons salt
- 1 tablespoon poultry seasoning
- ¼ teaspoon thyme
- ¼ teaspoon sage
- 3-4 eggs slightly beaten
1In a large skillet, cook the celery and onion in hot melted butter until tender; about 10 minutes. Add seasonings.
2In a very large bowl, add bread cubes. Stir in eggs, broth, and seasoning mixture. Mix well.
3Put the dressing into a greased 13x9 casserole dish or divide among 2, 2 quart casserole dishes. Cover with foil and bake 35-45 minutes in a 325 degree oven. Uncover the last 10 minutes of baking.