Dee Dee's Stove Top Country Style Taters
Diane Hopson Smith
Featured Pinch Tips Video
- 2 Tbsp
- bacon drippings (or you can use cooking oil)
- 2 to 3 large
- peeled white or red potatoes, cut into bite size chunks, rinsed and drained (you can use more potatoes if serving a crowd, just add a little more gease as well)
- 1/2 medium
- bell pepper, chopped (if you increased the amount of potatoes, add more peppers as well)
- 1/2 small
- onion, diced (if you increased the amount of potatoes, add more onion as well)
- salt and pepper to taste
- a few red pepper flakes for heat, optional
- bacon, fried and crumbled for ganish if desired
1Heat oil in appropriate size skillet over a medium/high heat (I set my dial on 6). Once bacon dripping/oil is hot add potatoes, peppers and onions. Add salt, pepper and pepper flakes; toss. Cover with lid. Turn potatoes often to brown.
2Continue cooking until potatoes are fork tender.
3Once potatoes are done, crumble crispy fried bacon over top if desired and serve.
NOTE: Cheese is also good on these taters. When tarters are done and still hot, sprinkle with cheese and bacon and put lid back on skillet. Let potatoes set until cheese has melted.