CHEESY VEGETARIAN HASHBROWNS CASSEROLE
Featured Pinch Tips Video
- 4 oz
- cream cheese, room temperature
- 1/2 c
- sour cream
- 1 tsp
- seasoned salt (such as lawry's)
- 1/4 tsp
- ground black pepper
- 1 can(s)
- cream of celery soup (10 3/4 oz.)
- 1/2 c
- chopped sweet onion
- 1/4 c
- salted butter, melted (1/2 stick or 4 tablespoons)
- 3 c
- extra-sharp cheddar cheese, divided into 2 c and 1 c
- 2 lb
- frozen shredded hash brown potatoes, thawed
- 1/3 c
- imitation (soy) bacon bits
- 1 1/2 Tbsp
- minced fresh chives
3In a medium bowl, using a fork, beat cream cheese until light and fluffy.
4Gradually add sour cream and mix thoroughly.
5Add seasoned salt, pepper and cream of celery soup; mix well.
6Add onions; mix well.
7Add melted butter and quickly mix well.
8Place oven rack in middle position; preheat oven to 350º F.
9Scrape soup mixture into a large bowl (extra large is best) and, using a large spoon or bowl scraper, stir in 2 cups of cheddar cheese and mix well.
10Add the hash browns and mix until well combined.
12Evenly sprinkle with imitation bacon bits.
14Bake at 350º F for approximately 50 minutes.
15Remove from oven, sprinkle with chives and serve.
16Cover and refrigerate leftovers.