Cheddary Goodness Mashed Potatoes
Each week, I think of it like a game show... "Here is your secret ingredient!" and it's my job to figure out what to do with bags full of gorgeous farm fresh produce.
This past week, my cooking challenge has been POTATOES... LOTS AND LOTS OF POTATOES!
These are a wonderful change from ordinary mashed potatoes and so quick and easy with on-hand ingredients.
This recipe was found in a local church cookbook.
- large potatoes, peeled and quartered
- 8 oz. package cream cheese, softened
- cup shredded cheddar, plus additional to garnish
- cup sour cream, do not use light
- cup finely chopped onion
- large egg, lightly beaten
- 1 1/2-2
- tsp. salt, to taste
- tsp. pepper
- chopped chives or green onion tops to garnish