Pop's & Dee's Smoked Baked Beans
Featured Pinch Tips Video
- 6 to 8 -15 oz
- cans beans. i use 4-5 cans of pork n beans, kidney, white or red, black beans, or whatever i have.
- 1 - 12 oz
- pkg bacon, i use cheaper bacon and save the better kind for burgers, eggs, etc
- 1 large
- onion, chopped
- 1 c
- brown sugar
- 1/2 c
- 1/4 c
- mustard, yellow or deli
- 1 Tbsp
- liquid smoke, i use applewood
- 2 tsp
- applewood rub or spice, i get it at sam's club
- 1 tsp
- mccormick's smokehouse maple seasoning
- 1/2 tsp
- each, black pepper and cayenne pepper (optional) more for spicier beans
Spray deep 9"x13" pan with non stick spray...ot do as I do and cook the bacon in a 12" cast iron skillet..then saute onion in the same pan, add the beans and other ingredients....and smoke them in the cast iron pan..They turn out great and you have less pans to wash.
Cut up and cook bacon until crisp. Pour off some of the fat and cook chopped onion in remaining bacon grease until opaque. mix beans with onion, bacon and all other ingredients. Smoke in smoker, uncovered @ 250 degrees for 3-4 hours. I smoke them when I am smoking a ham, brisket, or whatever we are smoking at the time. Enjoy!