Featured Pinch Tips Video
- 2 Tbsp
- bacon drippings, vegetable oil, or melted shortening
- 1/2 c
- chopped green bell pepper
- 1 c
- cubed cheddar cheese (preferably sharp)
- 2/3 c
- whole milk
- 1 1/3 c
- plain bread crumbs
- egg yolks, reserve whites
- corn, 15-oz. size, drained
1Heat the bacon drippings, oil, or melted shortening in an iron skillet.
2Put in the chopped bell pepper and saute slowly.
3Add the cheese, milk, bread crumbs, salt to taste, and the corn to the skillet.
4Beat the egg yolks and add to the mixture in the skillet.
5Beat the egg whites until stiff peaks form. Fold carefully into the mixture in the skillet.
6Carefully pour the mixture into a greased casserole dish and bake in a 350°F oven for 45 minutes or until nicely browned.