Spanish Rice in the Skillet by freda
This one is full of flavor, Hope You'll try and Enjoy. Very easy to put together.
This is mine.
It is very versatile, and you can use this as a main dish by adding meat to this, Burger, Chicken Pork, Beef, What ever your choice, or as a side dish along with your choice of a main dish.
Featured Pinch Tips Video
- green bell pepper choped (1 1/4 cup approx)
- 1 med
- onion chopped, (approx 3/4 c)
- 1 C
- long grain rice (uncooked)
- 1 14oz
- can diced tomatoes with onions & celery (hunts)
- 1 14oz
- 1 can chicken broth, or "note" if no broth use 1 can water and 1 tsp chicken base (or bouillon)
- 3 tsp
- chili powder
- 1 tsp
- garlic cloves chopped or 2 tsp garlic pdr.
- 1/2 tsp
- paprika, (optional)
1ST; CHOP ALL VEGIES AND SET ASIDE
2ND; MEASURE AND SET ASIDE SEASONINGS
Measure all Seasonings set aside.
Heat Oil in skillett to Med Hi Heat.
Cook till rice begins to brown.see photos above.
(do not use Both Water and Broth)
Salt to taste
Remove from heat, Let rest covered for another 15 min.
I usually use this as a side dish with any mexican dish, such as;
Enchiladas, Tacos, Refried Beans, Burritos, carnitas, fajitas, etc. You name it. . . even pork chops, & roasts. The choice is all Yours.