Jagacita - Jag - Portugal
I love rice dishes, this one sounds terrific.
Featured Pinch Tips Video
- 1⁄4 cup olive oil
- 1 cup onion, finely chopped
- 2 tablespoons parsley, finely chopped, fresh
- 1 teaspoon paprika
- 2 bay leaves
- 6 cups water
- 3 cups long grain rice, uncooked
- 2 teaspoons salt, coarse sea salt
- 1⁄2 teaspoon white pepper, freshly ground (may use black pepper)
- 2 cups beans, lima, kidney, butter (freshly cooked or canned)
1Heat the olive oil in a large pot, add the onions and sauté until they are lightly golden, then toss in the parsley, paprika and bay leaves and simmer for a minute.
2Pour in the water, cover and bring to a boil, then add the rice, salt and pepper, and re-cover.
3When the rice starts to boil, reduce the heat to simmer and cook until the rice is almost down, about 15 minutes.
4Stir in the beans, recover and continue to simmer for 15 minutes more, then shut off the heat and let stand for 10 minutes before serving.