Exotic Fried Rice
Please Note: Prep time does not include chilling overnight.
Featured Pinch Tips Video
- 1 cup jasmine rice
- 3 chicken breasts, boneless, skinless, cubed 1 1/2-inch
- 1 1⁄2 cups coconut milk, canned
- 1⁄4 cup coconut cream, canned
- 2 cilantro roots, chopped
- 1 lime, zested, thinly
- 1 red chili pepper, fresh, small, seeded and finely chopped
- 1⁄8 cup basil, fresh
- 1 tablespoon fish sauce
- 1 tablespoon peanut oil
- 3 eggs, large, well beaten
- 2 tablespoons chives, fresh garnish
1Add the rice to boiling water, then simmer for 15 minutes.
2Let sit 5 minutes then fluff, Once cool, cover and chill overnight.
3When ready to serve put the chicken in a pan, add the coconut milk and cream, cilantro roots, lime zest and chili.
4Bring to a boil then simmer 10 minutes, until chicken is tender.
5Remove from heat, stir in the fresh basil and fish sauce.
6Next heat the oil in wok and stir fry the rice for 3 minutes.
7Pour in the egg and stir until well cooked.
8Plate the rice, garnish with the chives and top with the chicken coconut sauce.