Featured Pinch Tips Video
- 2 Tbsp
- olive oil
- small onion, chopped
- jalepeno seeded and minced
- garlic cloves minced
- 2 c
- white rice (we prefer jasmine)
- 14.5 oz. can reduced sodium chicken broth
- 4oz. can diced green chilies
- 3/4 c
- lightly packed, chopped cilantro
- 1/2 tsp
1In a large heavy saucepan, heat oil over medium high heat.
Add onion and cook 2 minutes, Add jalapeno and garlic, cook 2 to 3 minutes, until onion is soft and beginning to color.
2Add rice and cook, stirring constantly, until grains turn translucent, 1 to 2 minutes. Pour in broth and 1 can water and bring to a boil.
3Stir in chilies and salt. Cover, reduce heat to low and cook 15 to 17 minutes, or until liquid is absorbed and rice is tender. Stir in cilantro just before serving.