Black Rice & Edamame
Sesame oil is key because it adds a nice flavor and smooth texture to the whole dish. The end result is not exactly like the one at the restaurant, Rice, but it is still very good. I’m always looking for ways to bring a little green in my meals without losing flavor and this did just that. The rice was really flavorful and the edamame added a nice textural variation. It’s good stuff.
Featured Pinch Tips Video
2. Add rice and cook for 1 minute.
3. Pour chicken broth over top and bring to a boil.
4. Reduce heat to a simmer and cover. Cook for 30 minutes.
5. 5 minutes before the timer goes off, cook edamame.
6. In a small bowl, combine sesame oil and soy sauce.
7. Remove the cover from the rice and fluff.
8. Pour the oil and soy sauce over top and add the edamame. Stir to incorporate.
*You can substitute vegetable broth or water, but the water won’t give it as much flavor