Featured Pinch Tips Video
- 2 Tbsp
- butter or coconut oil
- 2-3 tsp
- curry powder, to taste
- 2 medium
- firm bananas, peeled and sliced (or plantains if you prefer)
- 1/4 c
- yellow onion, finely minced
- 1/4 c
- almonds, sliced or slivered
- 3 c
- hot cooked long grain white rice (i think basmati or a mix of long grain white and basmati would be really tasty!)
- salt, to taste
- scallions, sliced
- 1/4 clove
- dried flaked or grated coconut, toasted
- ground allspice (freshly ground if possible)
1Melt butter or coconut oil in a large skillet. Stir in the curry powder.
2Add the sliced bananas and saute in the curry powder until golden brown. Remove bananas from the skillet and keep warm.
3Add the minced onion and almonds to pan and cook on MEDIUM heat until the onion is translucent.
4Stir in the cooked rice; season with salt to taste. Heat through.
5Transfer the rice mixture to a serving bowl or platter. Arrange the browned banana slices on top. Garnish with scallions, toasted coconut and a pinch of ground allspice. Serve immediately.