VEGETABLE WHOLE WHEAT POTATO PANCAKES
Rose Mary Mogan
I wanted to make them a little healthier, so I chose to use whole wheat flour instead of all purpose, and by adding the extra veggies gave them a crisp crunchy texture, and they tasted really great.
I love them while they are hot with butter or Sour Cream, and my husband prefers to have Apple Sauce with his.
No matter how you like them you are sure to be impressed at how tasty these potato pancakes actually are. Give them a try and you will see what I mean.
Featured Pinch Tips Video
- 3 c
- shredded carrots( i only needed 2 large ones)
- 2 c
- shredded zucchini ( i used 2 medium size ones)
- 3 c
- mashed potatoes, ( i used left overs)
- 2 medium
- onions grated,( or chopped) i grated mine
- 2 Tbsp
- chopped dried chive
- 1 1/2 tsp
- coarse style black pepper
- 1 Tbsp
- granulated garlic powder
- 2-3 clove
- minced garlic
- 3 large
- whole eggs
- 2 c
- whole wheat flour
- cooking oil for frying enough to cover bottom of pan, replinish as needed
- 1 tsp
- kosher salt or according to taste
1I created this recipe from left over mashed potatoes that I served with a Beef Roast that I made earlier in the week,called Creamy Mashed Potatoes W/Sour Cream & Chive This is an easy and economical side dish to serve any time.