Traditional Battered Fish with Chunky Chips
Featured Pinch Tips Video
- 4 portions fresh cod (be sure the fillets are boneless & skinless)
- 100ml soda or sparkling water
- 240ml lager
- 75g corn flour (cornstarch)
- 200g plain flour + dusting
- 1 tsp salt and pepper mixed
- 4 wedges of lemon
- 4 – 6 large potatoes
Cut the potatoes into thick cut chips and store in water until required.
Deep fry in hot oil 180°C until fully cooked.
Serve the fish and chips in little newspaper cones , and a wedge of lemon(or malt vinegar for me please) and enjoy.